Saturday 24 September 2011

Problem changing my file name?

I'm really not usually stupid when it comes to computers, but I just don't have the time right now. I just put all of my pictures from my recent trip to Europe on the computer and want to change the name of the folder. I had no problem changing 2 of the 3 folder names, but the last one always says :



%26quot;Cannot rename 102_FUJI: It is being used by another person or program.



Close any programs that might be using the file and try again.%26quot;



I have no other programs open or running, so I don't see what the problem is. Hopefully one of you knows what to do! Thanks!
Problem changing my file name?
I don't know what causes it, but here's how to fix it without restarting. Control+Alt+Delete to get the Task Manager. Click Processes. Then find 'explorer.exe' in the list and click End Process. Your Start Button and taskbar will disappear. Click on the Applications tab at the top and click %26quot;New Task.%26quot; Type in 'explorer.exe' and watch everything reappear. Now delete or rename your file.
Problem changing my file name?
mayeb you need to restart your computers, computers get really confused! before that though try clicking the window off and trying again or opening the file and then saving it from the photoshop you actually use and just rename it then. sorry im not any help computers can be very annoying!
go to control panel
It is most probably a misunderstanding made by the computer, but it helps to do a few quick-and-dirty manouevres.



1. Simply restart your PC and see whether you can rename the folders and the files inside them.



2. It maybe that your digital camera is running any software utility which is confusing Windows. Just disconnect it from the system, as a first step, and try again.



3. Now, if there is indeed any program which keeps on interfering with those folders and files, simply boot your system into %26quot;Safe Mode%26quot; (you can access those options if you press F8 during system boot). Safe Mode in Windows loads only the essential programs and services. I'm sure you will be able to rename the folders / files this time around.



If you are not having any luck with these steps, do post it as additional detail of your question, with other relevant information.