Saturday 24 September 2011

How can I change back a file to a zip file?

I downloaded a zip file to my computer and immediatley opened with itunes and forgot to uncheck the box that says %26quot;always use this program%26quot;, now all of the compressed (zipped) folders i make show an itunes music icon instead of the folder with a zipper. I tried clicking on properties to change the icon but the customize tab is not showing. How can I change this back to how its suppose to look? I have windows vista if it helps anyone to answer my question.
How can I change back a file to a zip file?
Go into Computer. Search around the dropdowns (I don't have Vista here, so I can't tell you which one it is) - you want the file associations. Delete the .zip association, and you'll be back to letting Windows handle zip files.
How can I change back a file to a zip file?
No worries eh..



on vista, right click on any Zip file. select Open With - %26gt; choose default program. Now, select Winzip or 7 zip (or whatever zip program you use) and make sure that %26quot;Always use this program%26quot; check box is selected.



Now you would see that all your zip files have the winzip / 7 zip icon.



Happy unzipping..!!
right click on the file

properties

an do it from change click
well you need to know what type of zip it was but winrar or 7 zip will do the trick