Wednesday 21 September 2011

How to keep my download speed constant?

I am trying to download the full version of America's Army online.But,my download speed always changes from like 20kb/second to 13kb/second.That's making the download longer.And if it isn't doing this it finishes early,and when I try to install it it says the program has an error and I have to start again.What do i do?
How to keep my download speed constant?
Downloading has to do with the internet connection.. Are you on dial-up? get a DSL connection that will increase your download speed to around around 60 kbs.If you are already on DSL, I would contact your providor and tell them your problem and ask them to bump you up a little.
How to keep my download speed constant?
In order to keep your download speed constant you will need to be able to control energy, matter and the free will of men... you should be able to do that...



The number of people downloading form the site might have gotten higher.



The node you are on on your ISP's hardline might have gotten more traffic



Your hop count(the # of servers the transmission passes through) might have gotten higher.



Your computer may be using a P2P that is stealing your bandwidth.

This is the only one you can fix. Make sure you aren't uploading or downloading anything else with ares or limewire or a similar P2P client.











The number of programs you have open will not be an issue. Your computer is zillions of times faster than your download rate... it won't affect it enough to matter. The problem is out on the web somewhere... not on your system unless you are using a P2P.
Try closing some programs. I think that the more programs that you have open, the longer it can take to download something. If you have a Windows XP, you can press Ctrl+Alt+Del and click on the Processes tab, and the window will tell you how many (kilobytes?) the programs is using, which can slow down your computer.
I have a similar problem but the thing is that I have not figured out how to keep the connection speed at one rate.



The thing is that you may have to increase the bandwidth to get more.