Wednesday 21 September 2011

Is there a masters program for Math Ed that you do not need previous math courses?

I am just finishing my degree in Finance. I however have always wanted to teach math. Is there a way to get a masters in math education without getting an associates in math ed or taking 6 math courses? I have already taken Business Stats, Business Calc, College Algebra, and Pre-Calc at the college level. I do not want to be in college forever and plan on moving to another state after I graduate (not sure where but it is time for a change).
Is there a masters program for Math Ed that you do not need previous math courses?
In Ohio you can't get a teaching masters without previous teaching experience except if you get your masters in Middle Childhood Education. You would have to pick two concentrations. One could be math and the other would be language arts, social studies, or science. I don't know how other states have it set up.