Wednesday 21 September 2011

How can I stop certin programs from running as soon as I turn on my computer?

For instance...every single time I turn on my computer the program Quicktime is always in my tray at the bottom of my screen. I dont want it to automatically run. I have tried to go into Quicktime settings and change it but after looking everywhere....cannot find anything that is even close to changing the settings. I thought there was somewhere where I could go to see what programs starting running when my computer was turned on but I am again lost in that area.





Oh I also tried the right clicking the start menu %26amp; selecting options...but couldnt figure it out!! Please help if ya can....Thanks in advance!!
How can I stop certin programs from running as soon as I turn on my computer?
assuming you are on XP , go to start, run and type in msconfig. New window pops up and look at the tabs. the furthest right one. should say STARTUP. unclick the one that say QTTASK. thats your quick time right there. Dont unclick em all unless you know what you are doing. You arent removing anything though. Just disabling them from starting up with the the machine. just know which apps you are doing. My friend disabled his mouse touch pad on his laptop and took me hours to figure that one out. good luck!

ps. oh. after a reboot, you will get a window pop up saying settings were changed. dont worry. you golden.
How can I stop certin programs from running as soon as I turn on my computer?
Go to:



START | RUN



and type in msconfig and hit enter. Then go to the STARTUP tab and uncheck the programs you don't want running at startup.
In Windows XP, click the RUN command (in the Start menu) and enter:



msconfig



You can uncheck programs like Quicktime at Start Up tab.
well it all depends on which program. Usually when you have the program running if you get into the options or preferences it will give you the option to automatically run when you log into windows.
best way is to run Msconfig



click start

Run

type in msconfig

uncheck programs you don't want to run it the start up tab
I got fed up poking around the administrator tools in OS2K, so I downloaded Spybot, where there are tools that allow you to remove them from your start-up list. Quicktime is a pain in the ars.e tho as it still manages to turn itself back on now and again.
In Windows XP, click the RUN command (in the Start menu) and enter:



msconfig



You can uncheck programs like Quicktime at Start Up tab.

--------------------------------------鈥?br>


Or U might wanna use Tune-Up Utilities to do it .

Run the program --%26gt; Utilities --%26gt; Utilities Startup Managaer
Go to start and on that page go up to run

tipe in (Msconfig) ok in that windok uncheck what you don't want to run at start up