Wednesday 21 September 2011

How do I change the default program for none extension file type?

As above, I have this file with no file extension at all. I confirmed it by right-clicking on the file and choose %26quot;properties%26quot;. It shows %26quot;Type of file: File%26quot;. I accidentally %26quot;checked%26quot; on the box %26quot;Always use the selected program to open this kind of file%26quot; when I choose %26quot;Open with...%26quot;. Now all my files with no extension have that particular application icon on it.



How can I reset/revert this kind of file type back to the default?



I've done my research and all I got was how to change file type with extension... I suspect it got to do with the registry settings... Can anyone alighten me?



Many thanks.



Tai Li
How do I change the default program for none extension file type?
Have a look in here in the registry



\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes



There is an entry which is simply * it could be that perhaps?