Saturday 24 September 2011

How do i fix my computer?

I used a registry cleaner to get rid of some errors and all every file and program on the computer suddenly changed icon and when i try to open one, it always asks me what program to open it with.
How do i fix my computer?
This can easily be fixed. Open up my computer and in the top toolbar, click on TOOLS %26gt; FOLDER OPTIONS. Then go to the file types tab. This shows every filetype that your computer hknows of or wil ever know. Find the file type in the list and highlight it. Then click change. You will want to select a program from the list. Find your program and click ok.



The registry cleaner probably deleted the association, because it stores them there.



In the future, Microsofthas a registry cleaner. It is the only one I would trust, because it was made by the people who made the OS. It is at saftey.live.com

You will want the Clean Up scan.
How do i fix my computer?
you can restore your computer to an earlier time, that would fix any problems you caused.
That sounds like you got rid of the registry file(s) that commanded which program would open what file type. My suggestion would be to attempt to restore the registry, and then run it again, but look out for important registry files.

If this doesn't work, you will have to (re)set all of the file types to whatever program they are supposed to run in.

Hey, I don't use it any more. That's partly the reason why (in the general sense). Always deleted something important; the cleaners cleaned up alright...
GO TO THE FOLLOWING WEBSITE AND YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED http://computersguide.blogspot.com/2007/鈥?/a> I SURE HOPE I HELPED!!!
possibly it is not ccleaner
right click the file...click properties and change the open with to whatever programs you want the file to open in...have fun...
  • first night of marriage
  • growing up with single parent
  •