Saturday 24 September 2011

I'm not really sure of the best way to ask this, but I've got a program I run, and....?

I use Windows Vista, on a Gateway laptop.



This program is always on top of other programs on my desktop. I will refer to it as program A. Even when I pause program A, and open up any other program, like internet exploror for example, the pause symbol from program A still flashes over the top of the internet exploror window. and will flash over the top of any other window I open as well. What is it that determines what program takes priority as far as being visible on the desktop? And is there anyway to change this?



I know I didn't do the best job of explaining this, because I'm not familiar with the correct terminology, but hopefully my question is understandable.



Thanks much

Steve
I'm not really sure of the best way to ask this, but I've got a program I run, and....?
Some programs have an option that might be called %26quot;Always on top%26quot; which will make the program stay on top of any other program. Usually media players like winamp or windows media player will have this option.



For example on windows media player if you go to Tools-%26gt;Options, on the 'player' tab there is a checkbox that says %26quot;keep the player on top of other windows%26quot; So when you go to another program it will stay on top. Is this what you are talking about or something else?