Friday 7 October 2011

How to change the "automatically open with" thing?

Basically I downloaded a file. My computer did not know what program to us to open it. So I had to select a program from the list. I picked the wrong one but I didn't realize the always us this program for these type of files thing was clicked. Now it always trys to open it with the wrong program. I try to right click it but it just has a open option (with others) but no open with option like other files. Any help would be appreciated.
How to change the %26quot;automatically open with%26quot; thing?
Do the same thing again, but select the right program.



Hope that helps.
How to change the %26quot;automatically open with%26quot; thing?
Right click the file, go to %26quot;opens with%26quot; and then select %26quot;choose program%26quot; from the list.
Double click on %26quot;My Computer%26quot;

Click on %26quot;Tools%26quot;

Choose %26quot;Folder Options%26quot;

Click on the %26quot;File Types%26quot; tab

Find the type of file that you want to change and hi-light it

Click on the %26quot;Change%26quot; button

Choose the program

Click on %26quot;OK%26quot;



.