Friday 7 October 2011

How do I get rid of the yellow light my Fluorescent lights cause.?

I have tried changing my white balance and adjusting my lighting, but in the 2 rooms where I have these lights no matter what I do, unless I use a flash ( which I don't like doing) it's always yellow. What am I doing wrong. I have the Nikon P6000.

Also if I have a picture with this yellow tint how do I adjust it so the picture is normal. The photo editing program I use is Gimp.
How do I get rid of the yellow light my Fluorescent lights cause.?
A filter could help but I am not sure how you would affix it to a P6000.



If the P6000 supports a custom white balance mode then you can program it to deal with your specific illumination source.





With Elements or Gimp you could start by adjusting Curves and/or Channels. Also, in difficult light be sure and take your pictures in NRW (.RAW) mode. That will allow for much more flexibility in post processing.
How do I get rid of the yellow light my Fluorescent lights cause.?
You need a colored filter over your lens. Go to a camera store and they will get you the right one.