Friday 7 October 2011

I'm sick of spam. Do I have to keep changing my email address?

I have always kept 2 email addresses. One for family %26amp; friends, the other to sign up to places online and stuff like that. Yet I find a few times a year I have to change my email address.



Right now I will get about 250-300 sent to one email address alone in about a 2 day period. It is crazy.



I bought Mail Washer about 2yrs ago. It will show what is spam and also will delete it and bounce it before my mail program downloads, yet I still have to go and make sure it doesn't get someone that isn't spam. So still I am seeing and dealing with the spam.



I own my own website so my email address is (mynickname@mywebsite.com) so I am not using Yahoo or some other place that can filer my spam. Also I use Outlook 2007 so it does have a junk mail folder to put it.



So am I doing everything I can? I am in the process of changing my email address AGAIN so the one that gets all the spam will be deleted yet still I am annoyed that I have to do that.
I'm sick of spam. Do I have to keep changing my email address?
Yes, you are doing everything you can and you are right to do it. Until it's legislated away or a financial burden is put on the spammers, we will just have to continue doing what we're doing.

-MM
I'm sick of spam. Do I have to keep changing my email address?
You can stop sighing yourself up for stuff...that will help....or send spam right to the trash...you can do that by clicking on %26quot;folder Filters
Keep a couple of web based email addresses. (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc)

Use them when you want to sign up for things like MySpace, Facebook, online retailers, websites, etc. Those will be spammed constantly. But who cares?

Have one email address (the one given to you by your ISP) for ONLY family and friends. Don't give it to anyone else.
no just send it all to the bulk folder...look at options....that way it is separated from the good stuff
have seperate accounts depending on how many you need



1 for the most important things

1 for the useless things

1 for the need to check out things
When you give out your e-mail address you get Spam. Also, Some web-sites you sign up with give this out (Read the 'Terms of Agreement' %26quot;. The other is your friends. Many just e-mail everyone and %26quot;ALL%26quot; those e-mails are seen. I not sure how all the places do, but, yahoo you can hide people's emails and use a bogus that people see.