Wednesday 26 October 2011

I open an account with bank of america, i always keep my money in my checking account, for some reason there?

is this program call keep the change, i have 215.73 dollar in my checking account, next thing i know in my saving account is $1.41 without me doing anything , why are they taking money out of my checking account. so i told them to close my saving account, do you think its a bad idea? do they gave me money in keep the change account
I open an account with bank of america, i always keep my money in my checking account, for some reason there?
That is how their 'Keep the Change' program works. If you enroll in the program, they will take the transactions that you make, round them up to a whole dollar amount, and place that difference into your savings account. For example, say you pay for something that comes to $11.75 with your debit card. They will round that up to $12.00 and debit that against your checking account. $11.75 will go to pay the merchant and $0.25 will be deposited to your savings account. It is a kind of self-imposed savings program. However, it is an optional program and if you ware not happy with them doing that, then tell them you don't wish to participate.
I open an account with bank of america, i always keep my money in my checking account, for some reason there?
It sounds like you don't understand how the accounts you opened work. Go talk to the bank.
Tell me a good reason not to have a savings account.

Plus with that program they match part of the money.

%26quot;Plan for your future%26quot;.
Welcome to Zombie Banking... They are no longer making new loans so they are screwing the depositors to maintain their bottom line. And with so few banks around what choice do you have.