Friday 7 October 2011

How do i change computer settings?

I recently tried to open a document on my PC and it gave me the option of choosing a program on my PC to open this document. I did have it set up to always use microsoft word. But I tried to use word pad and I didn't notice till to late that the box that says always use this program to open documents was checked. How do i change that so it goes back to using microsoft word. (I am using windows XP) thanks in advance.
How do i change computer settings?
Do this:



1. In Windows Explorer, find a .doc file.

2. Right-click on it and select Open With.

3. If MS Word shows up, select it.

4. If it does not, click the Browse button. Navigate to the directory C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10 (Office10 for Word 2002 (XP), Office11 for Word 2003, Office 12 for Word 2007). Find and select the file winword.exe.

5. In either case, check the checkbox Always use the selected program to open this kind of file.

6. Click OK.



Hope that helps.
How do i change computer settings?
Rick-click the file, open with, and select MS word.



Regards,



Dane
if you right click the document you can select the open with option and then select always use this program to open these types of documents and then it will always use microsoft word
Open %26quot;My Computer or windows expoler in any folder.

Click on Tools --%26gt; Folder options

Click on the File Types tab

Find the extension that matches the type you want to open with word

Click on the change button

Select Microsoft Word and confirm
Right click the document and click on %26quot;Open with,%26quot; find ms word and select it as the program to open the document and tick the little box that says %26quot;always open with%26quot;. That should fix it for you :o)