Friday 7 October 2011

Does Malwarebytes always needs to update at start up, or is this a trojan?

I use Windows 7. Every time I restart my computer or login to my account, I get this pop up message:

%26quot;User Account Control%26quot;

Do you want the following program to make changes to this computer?



Program Name: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

Verified Publisher: Malwarebytes Corporation

File Origin: Hard drive on this computer



Yes No%26quot;



I have the free version of Malwarebytes on my computer, but I'm not sure if this message is from Malwarebytes or some malicious software. How can I tell, and why do I get this message so often? It almost always pops up when I restart my computer, but sometimes pops up if I double click the Malwarebytes icon on my desktop. I click no, and if it is really Malwarebytes, what is it trying to do? Is Malwarebytes really supposed to behave like this? Thanks.
Does Malwarebytes always needs to update at start up, or is this a trojan?
You have MBAM set to, either, run or update on start up. UAC will notify you each time (don't you love Vista's nanny approach). You can change the settings to stop it from doing that. And you should click yes.
Does Malwarebytes always needs to update at start up, or is this a trojan?
Remove it , restart computer, see if you get that now.



~