Saturday 4 June 2011

Why does my DOS always start out in Documents and Settings\Owner?

I want to do a DIR check in Program Files but the starting directory is always D%26amp;S while Program Files is before that. It only lets me change directories to folders contained within Documents and Setting\Owner, even if I change drives. It doesn%26#039;t recognize anything else.|||By default the command prompt opens up in your folder. To get to the program files directory use the following command:





cd %programfiles%





By default %programfiles% is equal to c:\program files\ .


Incase your computer has been modified I said %programfiles% rather then %26quot;c:\program files%26quot;, but for most people they will do the same thing.





When you run commands make sure to put quotes around those that have spaces in them.





Good Luck!|||So does mine. That is the current folder you are in.





to change to the root directory type CD C:\