Saturday 4 June 2011

How are the kiddies downloading music and such these days?

I%26#039;m always behind the times on this stuff, last time I asked a younger geek friend to advise me how to download songs I was recommended limewire, or to use torrents. In the past it seems like the best sites to use or programs are always changing. what%26#039;s the best current way to download? is limewire still the best of that kind of program or is there something better?|||it is, ive never tried it coz its illegal and my friend got caught....AND WAS CHARGED $100,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so it scared me soooo much and never used it. but if you do, then make sure its ur private internet, like ur home one. my friend was using her university internet. big no no.|||If u want to use the limewire system, I would suggest %26quot;Frostwire%26quot; instead. It%26#039;s totally free and accesses exactly the same content as Limewire. It also accesses the same virus laden content if u ain%26#039;t smart about what u download.





Personally I like torrents better. U have access to better quality music (FLAC and OGG) and less chances of viruses. Usually on the torrent site, there will be feedback comments about a specifc torrent telling wheither it has viruses, is a fake, or whatever.|||I use Limewire but if I%26#039;m in a rush, I go to www.downloads.nl. Hope that helped.|||Well, one of my recent friends (complete computer tech geek) recommended Frost-wire, it%26#039;s similar to Lime-wire, but it%26#039;s a newer version and free..you can find anything on there(videos/photos/music), so far it%26#039;s quick simple and east, you just have to download the program and then start. It%26#039;s a piece of cake.|||Filestube.com, no programs, no viruses, just download individual songs straight from your browser|||limewire is free thats the only thing good about it but you can catch alot of virus from limewire blubster is cool but too many pop us and it can make your computer slow and as for bearshare and morpheus (idk how to spell morpheus) they are free but it dont matter whats up to date if your download stil working and you dont have a virus then its coo but most teens that i know use the free onesl|||FROSTWIRE!