Saturday 4 June 2011

How do you change the program you watch videos on your computer?

I was just uploading videos onto my computer. I currently watch them on Quick time player. I accidentally pressed the Button on the bottom to always use this program when watching videos.





How do i undo what i did? I do not always want to use that program.





Thanks so much for any help !!


I%26#039;m not very good with computers|||Click Start%26gt; My Computer%26gt; Tools%26gt; Folder Options%26gt; File Types.





Look down the list for video file extensions such as:





wav, flv, avi, 3gp, divx, mov, mpeg etc.





Click on the file type then click on Change to choose the default program from the list (or browse to it) which you want to open the file with.|||I assume you are using Windows XP or some version of windows.





Go to %26quot;Start%26quot; menu button in the lower left corner, select %26quot;Control Panels%26quot;. Then select %26quot;Folder Options%26quot;.





Click on the %26quot;File Types%26quot; tab and find the extension of the file you want reset...so for example if you want to set the application that runs %26quot;AVI%26quot; files find %26quot;AVI%26quot; under the %26quot;Extensions%26quot; column and click on it. Then click on the %26quot;Change%26quot; button. A window will open that is titled %26quot;Open With%26quot;. Click on the application you want to open the avi files with. Be sure you click on the check box that says %26quot;Always use the selected program to open this kind of file.%26quot; Then click the %26quot;OK%26quot; button.